SMith M&P AR site help

slammedsi

Finally got around to putting my VX3 Leupold on my Ar. The gun in question is a Smith & Wesson M&P Ar15 Magpul. I removed the back peep site. But im confused about the front site. Yall know, the one that looks like a triangle. Does it need to be removed? If so How? Thanks for all your help TFL!

rjrivero

That front sight is the gas block as well. So you have a couple choices. 1. Leave it. It may be in your field of view, but will be blurry. 2. If it distracts you you can cut it off with a dremel and cut off wheel. 3. Replace the front sight and gas block with a low profile gas block of your choice.

slammedsi

Thanks for yalls help. I was just looking at it. i can barly make out the front site in my field of view. This isnt going to cause any problems with accuracy will it?

DnPRK

Thanks for yalls help. I was just looking at it. i can barly make out the front site in my field of view. This isnt going to cause any problems with accuracy will it?
The front sight base will only appear as a slight darkening of the sight picture in the 6 o'clock direction. It will not effect accuracy.