Smith and Wesson X Frames and holsters

JimDandy

Will they share holsters? Or do the dimensions change too much? Finding a holster for a lefty who wants to mount a scope over 8.375 inches of barrel is harder than I would have thought. One nylon choice if they don't share. Galco has a nice holster but it's strangely right hander only. At least I can't drop down Left Handed. There are some nice Leather holsters on the Smith store by they're listed as 500 holsters not 460 holsters.

RIDE-RED 350r

An X-Frame is an X-Frame, doesn't matter whether it be a 460 or 500. The frame and cylinders are the same size. As long as bbl length is correct I don't see any earthly reason why there would be a problem using a holster labeled as a "500" holster for a 460.

I have a Diamond D Guides Choice for my 460v. LOVE that rig! But, they are not doing holsters with provisions for optics at this time.

codefour

I highly recommend you contact the staff at SimplyRugged.com. Great holsters at at a great price. Mr. Leahy will answer any questions you have. I have five of their holsters if that says anything. They are that good.