smith and wesson model 66 ppc....

BOBA FETT

i recently picked up a used model 66...it is set up for competition shooting,it has a large bull barrel and a bo mar rib sight on top...the hammer has been bobbed and shoots double action only now....i shot it for the first time this past weekend and it is the most accurate gun i have shot ...anyone else have experience with this type of gun...

Last edited:

MrBorland

Pics, or it didn't happen!! :cool:

A well-built used PPC revolver can be had for cheap for what they are - tackdrivers.

I have a Bill Davis-built PPC S&W revolver. I'm a sucker for an accurate revolver, and it's a nice shooter. The thing is, I've no need for a PPC revolver, so it doesn't get shot as much as my other revos.

DavisPPCgun030.jpg

Sevens

I will make a trip to NC, bring a bag of guns & ammo for fun shooting, and we'll make a deal to give that Bill Davis revolver a home that will love it, care for it, and allow it to live out it's dream diet. :cool:

Also, I promise to never put on a ballistic vest and instruct someone to shoot me in the chest with a crowd of people watching. :eek:

MrBorland

Sevens said:
I will make a trip to NC, bring a bag of guns & ammo for fun shooting, and we'll make a deal to give that Bill Davis revolver a home that will love it, care for it, and allow it to live out it's dream diet.

The door charge is an 8lb jug of Clay's powder and a brick or 2 of CCI SV .22LR. :cool: Both are harder to find nowadays than a pristine Bill Davis revolver. :mad:

To the OP - I suppose you can shoot whatever you want in your custom M66, but PPC revolvers are generally designed to shoot target wadcutter rounds, so it'll likely do best with that.