Smith and Wesson M27-2

GodblessAmerica

Hello to all. Thanks in advance for the help! I bought a S&W M27-2 1.5 weeks ago and posted info in the revolver section. Best date of mfg. estimate there (thanks Majic) is 1976. The model is 27-2, 5 inch barrel, nickel plated, serial # N333XXX. If anyone can help confirm it's date I would really appreciate it. I can confirm it through S&W of course, but would like any input here. I would really like to know if it was made in 1976, the 200th anniversary of this great nation. Even as a kid then I recognized the significance of that year, all other things then aside. Thank you, and may God continue to bless America.
G

fal308

Staff Alumnus
According to an older pocket guide I have, N serial number prefixes 1975-1977 went from N 9001 - N 430000.
So it looks to be about right.

Ozzieman

Why do you care when it was built?

Just know that you have the GOD of smith and wesson N frames, that should be good enough for you :)

Truly though, the sadest day of my life was the day after I sold my 5 in 27 to a friend that HAD to have it.

If you ever get rid of it, may you rot in stale peanut butter :rolleyes:

GodblessAmerica

Ozzieman,
I remember you posted in the revolver section when I first bought it. I added a couple of pictures of it to that thread a few days ago (thread is named the same as this one). Don't know if you saw them. I can't wait to shoot it. :)
G