Smith and Wesson M&P M2.0

Eazyeach

Has anyone heard of this new generation of smith and Wesson M&P pistols? Is anyone excited? From what I can tell they have more aggressive stippling (like the .45 shield), front cocking serrations, and a metal sub frame under the polymer. I would like to check one out in person.

Old Stony

I'd love to check one out myself. I have one of their M&P pro models, and really like it.....but I think this new version might just be an improvement! I will get to fondle one some day.

Bart Noir

The reviews I've seen say that the M2.0 has the trigger from the PRO version, and that it is a very nice trigger.

Google around and you will find some reviews already online.

Bart Noir

ritepath

Went to a funshow today it was littered with 2.0's. Most of the dealers must have been tagged MSRP because they were 559 or 569...?

However.com I found one dealer at the show that had the 2.0 5" FDE versions for 469, and the black "short" full sized 2.0's for 469.

I shucked out a Ruger I'd come to the show with and walked around until someone bought it off me then I went back....and I just couldn't do it. I kept thinking....the new CZ is coming out soon, and there were only 3 steel CZ's at the whole show. So I come home with one BAR magazine I found for 20 bucks.

BearBrimstone

It looks nice, but I think I will stick with my first generation M&Ps. There just isn't enough of a change for me to see it as worth it.

O4L

Like I said in another thread, I have never had any problem with the M&P triggers.

I really want to get my hands on one of these to try it out.

P71pilot

These new guns peak my interest, but i had a bad experience with a 2012 made M&P, that i dont know if i could like them. The ppq is my striker fired soul mate

Hitthespot

I don't mean to sound negative because I'm sure the changes they made make the pistol better, however, I am shocked I see no mention of corrections to known complaints about the M&P Line. The first being that only a light touch on a lot of pistols will release the magazine. I had a 9 mm with this problem and my 45 compact has this problem. Now admittedly my holster covers my 45 well and I've had no problems during carry, it is still way to easy to release the mag.
Second is the safety. (on those pistols with an external safety) Both of the previous mentioned pistols have had easy moving safeties. Its doesn't take much of a search to find many who have complained about these two issues. I'm not trying to debate weather those with these pistols consider these problems or not, many have complained and I'm one of them. These are, in my opinion great pistols, but I don't know how many times i've taken my 45 off only to find the safety disengaged. On my 9mm ( which I sold) twice the mag came loose. Once it fell in the floor while carrying. I'm a little disappointed.

O4L

I've never had an issue with a M&P magazine release and I hate the flippy floppy big ugly thumb safety, so I will not have one with the safety.

Still haven't found a reason not to try one of the new versions out.

happyguy

The M&P is a great design in my opinion and the M2.0 seems like a good step forward, but S&W QC is starting to rival that of Remington.

HiBC

One little thing has raised a question for me.I'm getting old and my eyes aren't so good.
The C.O.R.E.thing has inspired my interest.
That is an M+P,pre-machined to low mount the mini-red dot sights as low as possible.Taller iron sights are fitted to co-witness.This seems to make finding the dot real quick.Go for the irons,the dot is there.
These guns are priced pretty reasonable.($600 plus)

Which leads to my question.On the 2.0,centered on top of the slide,right where the cut would be made for the red dot base,seems to be a second extractor,complete with a cross pin through the slide.

It does not seem friendly to an optic sight.

I have an M+P C and I like it.

I think as these little red dots catch on they are going to become popular,maybe the new norm,like scoped rifles.

I think the C.O.R.E concept of an optic ready package was a victory for S+W.It may be a bit ahead of the curve,but,its not a wrong direction.

If that extractor turns S+W's M+P away from the mini-optic,bad move,IMO.

Last edited: