Smith and Wesson 4046 range report

eddiejoe333

I went to the put door range near my home. Light wind, with a Boeing B-17 flying overhead occasionally!

I used 165 grain WWB and some 165 grain reloads I picked up at a gun show. I was shooting at 10 yards. I also brought a Ruger SR40 full-size for comparison.

The DAO trigger was stiff at first. I'm used to SA shooting. I was able to two-stage the trigger after about ten rounds. After getting comfortable using a two-hand hold, I started finding out where bullets were going. I'd get two or three rounds to print within a couple inches, and then 2-3 flyers 4 inches low... or high, left, or right. I did notice some flinch and a little shake on my part, but I usually waited for it to pass. It didn't seem to help much. More practice will be needed

dgludwig

Accuracy on this pistol might generate a question or two on occasion but its record of supreme reliability seldom will. And, when considering which semi-auto pistol to be employed for self-defense purposes, extreme reliability trumps any other consideration in my estimation.

CWKahrFan

...when considering which semi-auto pistol to be employed for self-defense purposes, extreme reliability trumps any other consideration in my estimation.

Yup... My 4506 has ended up at my bedside for exactly that reason...

Wreck-n-Crew