Smith and Wesson 22A

eddiejoe333

I bought one of these new several months ago. I have only recently taken it to the range and tried to get it sighted in. It has adjustable rear sights, and fixed front ones. After several (8+) magazines of Remington .22LR and periodic adjustments to the rear sight, I have this problem: Having adjusted the rear sight to its lowest level, the gun still prints 2-3 inches high at 25 yards. I know this isn't the top=of=the=line where pistols are concerned. A friend suggested filing the underside of the rear sight, but I am hesitant to do that. I realise the sight is not infinitely adjustable, but I think 2-3 inches high is excessive. Am I being picky? Doing something wrong? I'm looking for another .22, hopefully to compete with. Should I just trade/sell it?

Any help will be appreciated.

10-96

I haven't tinkered with a 22A, but I do wonder... Are you using a 6 o'clock hold on a 25 meter NRA slowfire target or something similar? The pistol could have been set up for Bullseye competition. If so, you would still have room to go up if you were doting the "I".

Don't shave anything on the sights. Call S&W and ask about a taller front sight or different rear sight.

Jager247

I put a pistol scope on mine the day I bought it and it was been great. I never messed with the iron sights. But yes call S&W and see what they say.

railroader

Mine shoots about an inch high at 15 yards. Shoot it from a rest and if it still shoots high contact s&w and they will send you a shipping label to fix your gun.