Smith 686

branrot

I just bought (didn't really buy, but did a "buy it now" bid on one of the gun auction websites) for a new in box S&W 686 with a 4 inch barrel and wooden Goncalo Alves grips. $370 plus shipping and my local transfer fee. I think I did very well. What do you think?

If you're happy with it, then it's a good buy.

$370's not out of the ball park, but you probably could have shaved some money off by hitting the gun shows, etc., depending on where you live.

bountyh

brainrot: you did WAY BETTER than well. A new 686 4" sells out of a good gunshop for about $475 - $525 with the standard crappy grips. I think the wooden grips cost about $60 new (?) If this is a new gun, you got a fantastic deal on what I think is the best revolver made today. You'll love that gun. I've got about 15k rounds through my 686 and I shoot it every week in 25 yard bullseye competition. I wouldn't sell it for twice what you just bid.

Bobshouse

Hey, bountyh, didn't you just say that?

New in box, without grips here in ca 495.00...looks like you scored!

Bob

mikey357

I'll take ALL the $370 NIB 686's anyone can provide me with...any barrel length, six- or seven-shot...GREAT PRICE!!! Ya' done GOOD!!!....mikey357

fadingbreed

I lucked out at a VA at a gunshow a couple of months back.

I bought a 686 6" barrel & wood grips for $329.00 from a PA Dealer there. Upon examining the condition of the gun and looking at the price, I asked the dealer "What is wrong with this gun?"

Absolutely mint except for a hint of "rings" inside the chamber walls and gun did not come in a box. Bore was/is immaculate and not a mark or scratch anywhere on the gun.

Most accurate revolver I have - a pleasure to shoot.