Smart gun law in NJ?

Libertarian

I just turned on the TV and heard John Gibson (the Big Show - Fox News) saying that NJ just passed a smart gun law. He also pointed out that ther are no smart guns available yet.

I am waiting for the full story to get more info.

There's a slight chance that this will open the eyes of many just how wrong gun-control is. I say, keep it up and the complacent majority will begin to think for themselves for a change and vote the right leaders into office. There's always that chance that I'm delusional.

Fraser

The Legislature voting for something that doesn't exist.

California, Maryland, and Massachusetts are expected to follow NJ's lead.

New Jersey has also banned Martians.

I have got to find out who the drug supplier is to NJ politicians. He must push some really good stuff.

shootinghawk

JUST SAW THE STORY ON FOX NEWS, SAYING THE TECHNOLOGY WOULD, OF COURSE, PREVENT CHILDREN FROM SHOOTING THEMSELVES AND OTHERS. UNDERSTAND HAS BEEN PUSHED FOR 5 YEARS BY SMART TECH POTENTIAL MANUFACTURER(S).

ITS RIDCULOUS. I CAN'T PICK UP MY WIFE'S HANDGUN FOR SELF-DEFENCE IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION AND BE ABLE TO USE IT?
OR I GET KILLED AND MY WIFE CAN'T PICK UP MY GUN? OR A GUEST? OR A FRIEND?

wHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU SELL A GUN, AN ADDED EXPENSE TO RE-PROGRAM ON TOP OF THE ADDED EXPENSE OF THE INITIAL COST?

I MUST BET MY LIFE ON SOME HI-TECH DEVICE TO WORK PROPERLY WHEN I SEE CONSTANT HI-TECH FAILURES EVERY DAY?

THE BAD GUYS WILL JUST USE OLDER GUNS, IMPORTS, OR REMOVE THE SYSTEMS ANYWAY....

PROPERLY LOCKED UP FIREARMS AND COMMON SENSE KEEP GUNS AWAY FROM CHILDREN ANYWAY....

PRETTY SCARY INDEED!

SEE:

http://www.nraila.org/LegislativeUpdate.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=487&rnk=1&qry=new+jersey+smart+gun%

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/11/19/153942.shtml

SAME OLD STORY: SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS PAY OFF POLITICIANS AND ITS ALL SUPPORTED BY NUMB NUT LIBERALS
WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND THE NEED FOR VIABLE SELF DEFENCE IN TODAY'S HOSTILE WORLD.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future." - Adolf Hitler 1935

"Never again." - Not sure who said that, but he's probably pissed.

GSB

AnklePocket, just a heads up that your Hitler quote has never been substantiated, to the best of my understanding. Several pro-2nd websites of good repute have classified it as unverifiable.

Gusgus

There was a lot of talk about this last month, when it passed both the Senate & House. The state AG is suppose to monitor the market for the introduction of the first, mass produced smart gun. Once a viable product is on the retail market, the SP Commissioner will have 6 months to produce a list of acceptable handguns. 3 years from the date the list is published, only smart handguns will be permitted to be sold in Jersey.

Of course, Jersey LEOs are exempt, and the Legislators included language that holds them blameless from any liability suits, arising from firearm malfunctions. :rolleyes:

Coming soon, to a state near you. :mad:

Libertarian

The truly funny aspect of this is it started out as an officer safety issue. Now officers will be the only ones who are exempt.
ROTFBMGO:barf: :barf: :barf:

pdmoderator

Note to PRNJ inmates

Are there any large unstable geological faults in New Jersey???
Yes, New Jersey has an enormous and highly unstable fault. It's called the Democratic Party. :rolleyes:

BTW, check out http://njccw.com . It's quickly become the flagship site for firearms owners in the Garden Apartment State.

- pdmoderator

Camel

smart gun?

Sounds a lot like ballistic fingerprinting to me. Anyone know what the plan is to keep people from just taking the gun apart and removing the "smart gun" parts to make it a regular gun?

pdmoderator

The bill says that the parts have to be really and truly hard to disable. The geniuses at PRNJIT are also now in favor of a fully-electrical system, including electric-fired ammo.

I'll give it about a day between the first one coming out and the first how-to-disable website going up.

- pdmoderator

pdmoderator

Companies supporting "smart" guns

Direct from PRNJIT: http://www.njit.edu/old/News/Releases/199.html

Major gun manufacturers are investing their own resources and working under federal grants to develop smart gun technology. NJIT is currently partnering to create this new gun with leading worldwide gun manufacturers. NJIT's partners include Smith & Wesson, Taurus International, F. N. Manufacturing, Inc. (FNMI); Phoenix Arms and Alchemy Arms.
I'll happily boycott all of these until they repudiate. S&W, of course, has other stuff to answer for.

- pdmoderator

May I join you in a worldwide lifetime boycotting mission of any company that acts in favor of smart guns? The best PR move that a manufacturer might look into is to speak out against smart guns. Just got back from a sales call in PA. You can feel the freedom over there.