Smart Carry holster for J-frame revolver

vito

I find that most IWB holsters are too uncomfortable for me to wear, and the "man bag" that I own may be a dead giveaway that there is a gun inside. I was looking online at the Smart Carry holster, and it seemed like a good solution since it keeps the gun in the middle and lowdown, and likely to look as if I possibly put a sock in my undershorts rather than having a firearm. Anyone out there use the Smart Carry, especially for a J-frame revolver? I'd feel better about buying one if I heard from folks who already use one for a gun similar to what I would put in it.

tacticalmedic

I bought one for my 442 and I love it. I use it everyday and no one has noticed anyting. My friend is buying one for his 340PD. I highly recommend the Smart Carry.

ronc0011

I ran into a guy at the range once who was wearing one with a Karr 45acp. He was wearing shorts and a t-shirt and standing two ft. from him, even after he showed me that he was wearing it I still couldn’t see it. I thought it worked very well. Also you can tuck your shirt tail in if needed. It does however put the gun completely inside your pants. It takes two hands to draw the gun quickly or easily.

jclayto

Sorry if I am hi-jacking this thread, but I thought it better than starting a new similar thread. I too am interested in a smart carry for my j-frame 638, but i have a question.

This morning i was considering ordering the smart carry and i was trying to imagine what i would be like so i dropped my 638 into a thin pocket holster and then placed it down the front of my pants where I think it would sit with a smart carry. my body shape immediately caused the weapon to tilt forward causing a huge lump in the front of my pants. is this any sign of what the smart carry would be like or does this not compare? I am trying to find something besides ankle carry for when i am in khakis and tucked in shirt since I cant seem to find khakis that will let me pocket carry.

jon