Smallest bullets I’ve reloaded

Schlitz 45

Got my dies in the mail yesterday & loaded up 100 32 Auto rounds using Hornady 85gr XTP bullets. I had thought 380 was as small as I would go but thought I should be able to reload all the calibers I have. I just used my old Lee hand press, took my time (about 2 hrs) & they came out nice. Will give ‘em a try this Saturday & hopefully I won’t have as many issues as I did with the 380’s that took several small batches to find a good reliable recipe. Also scored several thousand Remington small pistol primers from a little store that I’d been hunting for as I was down to my last box so I feel a lot more comfortable reloading “fun rounds”.

7.62 man

The smallest I have reloaded was .380 85gr hollow backs. My hands were cramping before I was through 50 rounds from holding on to those small things.

Mike38

I recently got into reloading the .32acp. That caliber takes the fun out of reloading, on a single stage press anyhow. No where near as easy as say the .45acp. Maybe I should teach my 5 year old grandson how to place the bullet on the case mouth? His little fingers may work well?

reynolds357

Got my dies in the mail yesterday & loaded up 100 32 Auto rounds using Hornady 85gr XTP bullets. I had thought 380 was as small as I would go but thought I should be able to reload all the calibers I have. I just used my old Lee hand press, took my time (about 2 hrs) & they came out nice. Will give ‘em a try this Saturday & hopefully I won’t have as many issues as I did with the 380’s that took several small batches to find a good reliable recipe. Also scored several thousand Remington small pistol primers from a little store that I’d been hunting for as I was down to my last box so I feel a lot more comfortable reloading “fun rounds”.
Smallest dia for me is .204 Ruger.

FrankenMauser

.32 S&W is the most fiddly thing that I load. Small case, small bullets, small powder charges. To load a box of .32 S&W, I figure I'll be dropping about 10 cases and/or bullets on the floor during the process. Sometimes, it ends up being more than that.
It's worse than .32 Auto and .380 Auto, at least for me.

The smallest bullet that I use is .17 caliber, though. 17 grains.
I don't have fat sausage fingers, but it often feels like I'm trying to sort grains of wheat while wearing welding gloves.

armoredman

.223. Try standing them up to be powder coated, huge pain in the pooper. Not much fun getting them into the case mouths either.

Geezerbiker

The .17 Hornet... I haven't started reloading it yet but I have everything to do so. Those bullets are tiny and so is the case.

Tony