Smaller Encore grips?

tulsamal

I got an Encore years ago but never bought any barrels for it. My intention was to use it for black powder hunting but then I saw a complete BP rifle on sale at Bass Pro for $99 so that was the end of that. Since I love to reload and try strange and unusual calibers though, it seemed like someday I was going to get around to the Encore.

I was on another site and somebody mentioned that EABC was having a sale on Encore pistol barrels for rimfire. I've also been wanting to try out .17 HMR so a 15" stainless barrel for $239 was too good to pass up. I ordered one of the special bases at the same time. It came, I slapped a red dot on it and went to try it out.

My biggest issue right now is the distance from the palm of my hand to the face of the trigger. My Encore has the factory rubber grips on it. There is a huge amount of grip between the rear and the beginning of the stainless receiver. I assume there is a big air cushion in there to help with the heavy recoiling types. If I was firing 45/70's in it, I'm sure I would be happy with that. But this 17 barrel has the least recoil of anything I've ever shot. If there was no crack, you would never know it fired. So surely I can get a grip with a shorter distance to the trigger?

I'm making it work right now but it isn't "right." If I put my forearm straight behind the grip, my trigger finger ends up more on the side of the trigger rather than right in the middle. And I have medium size hands!

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Gregg

K.W.

TC-Dave on www.specialtypistols.com -forum, is...y, I´m not so able to write in English. :mad: