Small Pistol Primers

akinswi

Anybody know where i can get small pistol primers any manufacturer in stock?

Side note i do have several thousand CCI Small rifle primers i was wondering if you can use those to load small pistol in a pinch. research i did is that they are almost identical but the cup thickness is little thicker albeit not much on the small rifle

Thanks

ghbucky

My local Sportsman's warehouse had primers on the shelf, so you might see if you can order online from them.

akinswi

ya i was i browsing there earlier there prices are ridiculous, but that happens for high demand and no supply. I loaded up a few rds with small rifle primers see how they do.

FoghornLeghorn

Open an account with MidwayUSA and on the small pistol primers, tell them you want to be notified when they're in stock. They get them about once a week but they don't last.

the45er

Small pistol primers are in very short supply here in the Houston area and on major internet outlets. I buy a fair amount from Midway USA so I will try to place a notification as FoghornLeghorn suggests.

Good luck!

the45er

Some reloaders must think this shortage will last

I just searched “primers” on gunbroker.com and saw bids of $100 per thousand small pistol primers and climbing! I’m certainly not that desperate yet!

7.62 man

Every place I have seen primers in stock they have jacked the prices up so high it's not worth buying.
It's not worth it to me to pay more than 5 cents ea for primers, I have some so I will stretch them out until the prices come down.

ghbucky

I just went through my stock of primers and I only have around 500 small pistol.

I also discovered I have 2000 small magnum pistol primer.

I have no idea why I have magnum small pistol primers. :confused:

USSR

akinswi,

No problem using small rifle primers in place of small pistol primers, as they are the same size (unlike large pistol and large rifle primers). The only possible problem might be that a striker-fired handgun might not be able to ignite them consistently.

Don

jetinteriorguy

I’ve been preparing for this. I have about 20000 left and about 15000 in the form of loaded ammo. Plus with the virus I’ve been staying away from the range so not burning ammo up right now.

Micro man

Ditto with Foghornleghorn, I requested notification from MidwayUSA for small and large pistol primers and last Sunday night I got an email from them,and I jumped on it like a duck on a June bug.

They arrived today, 2K worth of primers and some powder to make the haz mat worthwhile, plus free shipping.

JWM

Fortunately, I’m still sitting on nearly 10,000 small pistol primers that I bought last fall for a good price (CCI rebates). I purchased because it is just a matter of “when the next shortage comes”. Came sooner than I thought. That being said, I still go into conservative recreational shooting mode for the time being. My monthly consumption of ammo is probably down around 25% of normal rounds expended. Don’t want to run out.

akinswi

JWM,
This is precisely why Iam shooting more revolver now than semi auto. I shoot way less . You do the math 5 to 6 shots out of revolver vs my xdm 5.25 and 19rd mag im shooting 3 to 4 times less ammo, and im not on my hands and knees for 1hr picking up brass. Did i mention i hate picking up brass. so ready for this election year to be over.

Machineguntony

If any of you guys are in Texas and willing to drive to pick them up from me, I’m trying to arrange a group buy. Right now we are very short. I need a minimum of 100 bricks and so far only have commitment for 35 bricks.

zxcvbob

Can you find Federal small rifle primers? (I think they are 205's but don't remember for sure) Even a DA revolver can usually set those off, and they work well in pistol rounds.

Katsumi Liquer

Side note i do have several thousand CCI Small rifle primers i was wondering if you can use those to load small pistol in a pinch. research i did is that they are almost identical but the cup thickness is little thicker albeit not much on the small rifle
I've been using Remington 6½ SRPs in my .40 S&W loads for years with no problems.