SMALL gun safe heater?

EastSideRich

Does anyone know of a small gun safe heater that can be used to keep humidity down?
I have a 1.2 cuft safe by a wall and it stays cold (~55 F) inside because its very cold outside.
Looked at goldenrod dehumidifiers and the smallest I saw was for ~100 cubic ft.
Is there anything out there for smaller safes?
I have dessicant in there, but if you take a gun out or open the door, it is cool enough that I'm worried I my get some condensation.

I have thought about using an aquarium heater (glass tube type), but am worried it will burn out if used to warm air instead of water.

EastSideRich

Question about goldenrod

With the goldenrod heaters I keep seeing that the surface heats to 150 F.
Does it have a thermostat in it or does it just stay at a constant temp?

My concern with using something rated for a much larger safe is if it just stays at a constant temp (the heater itself), in such a small enclosure (~1 cuft) it will heat and keep the safe and everything inside at 150 F.

ferg

Very simple, low heat - a 7w night lite bulb. It will produce enough heat for your small container without the risk of fire or any other damages. CHEAP, SIMPLE.

a1abdj

In a small safe, I would use a can of silica over an electric dry rod.

If you're using a document safe, then neither will do you any good, as the insulation is designed to be moist.

ocharry

i agree with ferg,,,,,,,, a simple light bulb will do what you need....... and you can change the bulb to a different size for more or less heat

cheap and simple

ocharry

johnbt

A 12" GR only draws 12 watts. It's doesn't get all that hot unless you actually grab it and hang on.

John