small floor safe ?

rebs

I hope I am putting this in the right area.
I am looking for a small floor safe that I can bolt to the floor in a closet. I need it to hold 4 or 5 hand guns. What do you guys recommend ?

Last edited:

sgms

A lot depends on if you are interested in just security or, in fire protection as well?

rebs

Both security and fire protection. Size wise about 2'x3'x3'
I have looked at Sentry safe and stackon. Are these any good ?
I have a full size gun safe in the basement bolted to the floor for long guns but want something up stairs bolted to the floor in a closet for hand guns, maybe some cash and important papers.

FAS1

Something like this will siute you well, but will be more expensive than the ones you mentioned.

http://www.amsecusa.com/product/bf1716/

BF1716GR_Cabinets_hv-471.png

Texas45

Both security and fire protection. Size wise about 2'x3'x3'

I have looked at Sentry safe and stackon. Are these any good ?

I have a full size gun safe in the basement bolted to the floor for long guns but want something up stairs bolted to the floor in a closet for hand guns, maybe some cash and important papers.

Ck fire rating
The higher those numbers both time and temp the better the safe
Coincidentally the cost will increase in direct proportion to those numbers.

A real good quality unit as you described will push 1k in cost likely.

I am looking myself currently for a larger safe for my firearms.
Figured out real quick in my research quality safes with long fire protection time and higher temps are expensive.

I Found a 24 gun unit that is 1400 deg for 45 min that will be adequate for my needs for 600.00 but in my looking I discovered a Fort Knox unit with similar capacity and fire rating is pushing 2k in cost.

Good luck deciding and hope you find something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osbornk

I have a Sentry safe I got at Amazon years ago. I think it is this one https://www.amazon.com/SentrySafe-S...F8&qid=1481299520&sr=8-2&keywords=sentry+safe . It is a little small from what you want but I have had it for years and keep valuable papers and about half a dozen handguns in it. I could have bolted it down but I didn't because drilling the mounting holes decreases the fire resistance qualities (which was partly a reason of buying it). It's now about $150 and I think it was $120 when I got it several years ago.

I got it more to keep the guns locked up from courious family members and fire protection than the fear of theft in my low crime area. Heck, I keep my long guns locked in a wormy chestnut gun cabinet with a glass in the door. Where I live, we built gun racks for the living room in shop class in high school.