Small bedside gun safe

Ultra12

I purchased my first hand gun and I been keeping if in my main safe with all other long guns. I would like to have my gun by my side in my bedroom. I was considering biometric safe but did a bit of research and talked to few friends and I am a bit uncomfortable trusting bio system in case of emergency. Sweaty hands, cuts and bruises or just plain old battery will leave u with a safe that won't open when u most needed. So I went and looked for safes that I believe is called " no eye keypad". It's safe enough where kids can't open it and can still be opened in about 1-2 seconds. It all sounds great Untill u realize it's still battery operated. I am wondering if you guys use any of them and can recommend one. Gunvault reviews are mixed so perhaps you guys can give me some feed back and suggestions. Btw the gun is colt python 6 inch
Thanks in advance

ATW525

Have you looked at safes with Simplex locks? They are 100% mechanical, so there is no battery to worry about. You push a combination of five buttons, then turn a knob allowing access in seconds.

Now, there is a limit to the possible combinations, because none of the five buttons can be used twice (though you can set combinations that involve multiple buttons being pushed simultaneously). This means that somebody with access to the safe, time and a list of possible combinations from the Internet can eventually gain entry... but honestly none of the little bedside quick access safes are really designed to stop a determined thief with lots of time.

j3ffr0

I have been using a GunVault brand mini vault for a few weeks, and I like it pretty well. Four easy to press buttons and you can press up to two at a time. That's 10 possible entries and you can have up to 6. 10^6 gives you a million possible combinations.

I tend to use something that's pretty easy for me to key in quickly. For example maybe just the first or last entry in the sequence is a double key entry.

FAS1

Another vote for the push-button mechanical lock. Quick, reliable, and easily opened by feel in the dark.