Small Autos

Status
Not open for further replies.

geez768

I also started a keltec tread earlier but should have only done this one, sorry. I am looking for a small pocket auto for summer carry with shorts and a t shirt or no shirt. Has to be dead reliable (seems to counter the norm in small autos:mad:). just would like a few opinions to see what i am missing. pics are cool too:D. I have a Glock 27 but it is thick I would like a thin one prob have to be a single stack. I usually carry a S&W 442 in summer ut would like an auto too. Had a Kahr K40 but sold it and may get another.

There is one choice that stands out above all the rest. It will run you around $499 but it is worth every penny.

The Seecamp LWS32 in a pocket holster. :)

LWS32.jpg

SilverState

The KelTec P32 is relaible enough and accurate enough providing you do your part.

Your Glock is a better, more accurate, more reliable gun, but like you said, it is kinda thick...

The KelTec in your pocket or on your ankle is better than the Glock or 1911 at home when the SHTF away from home.

My P32 has been 100% reliable except for one squib (thanks Winchester). I gave another P32 as a christmas gift and that one has been 100% as well.

Seecamps are great but the P32 is pretty nice also. Buy what you like.

denfoote

KTPF91small.jpg

PF9rigsmall.jpg

Small and light is a good thing.

This weighs 12.7oz. ;)

It carries well in my pocket. :cool:

A really effective caliber is just icing on the cake!!

This happens to be chambered in 9mm Parabellum.

What is it, you ask??

Kel-Tec PF9!! :eek:

NCHornet

Some of the suggestions are a bit to large for normal pocket carry unless you wear nothing but cargo pants. The Seecamps are nice but I find the extra size and weight of the Guardians far easier to control full house SD guns. I have two Guardians, made by North American Arms, one in 32 and one in 380, they have both been 100% reliable and are just to easy to carry to leave them at home. I prefer the Nemisis holster in the pocket.
Here is a pic of the twins, PM me with any ?

NCH

guardian380.jpg

jakeswensonmt

The P11 has the same dimensions as the PF9, except that it's .12 inches thicker and .2 inches shorter, holds 10+1 rounds of 9mm instead of 7+1, and has been in production long enough to have the bugs worked out.

My P11 has never malf'ed, in approx 500-600 rounds, and it's reasonably accurate considering that the barrel is only 3 inches long.

Hard to beat a Kel Tec dollar for dollar.

Curtis(USAF)

I guess I got a bad one.

My Keltec P-11 broke after less then 200 rounds. The trigger would pull, but the hammer wouldn't move. When I disassembled, a tiny piece of metal fell out and went skittering across the floor, lost among the brass.

So my Keltec is in the shop. If it breaks again, I'm throwing it at Keltec corporate headquarters.

obxned

Next to the P3AT, all other .380s are boat anchors. Mine is 100% reliable from right out of the box. There were some teething problems with early production (1st generation) pistols, but that is fairly common with many, many new models of pistols from the other manufacturers as well.

jehu

You can't tell the Keljunk crowd anything Playboy! When they get tired of their unreliable tupperware they will end up with true quality pocket pistolas- Seecamp LWS380, LWS32, and Rohrbaugh R9.:eek::rolleyes::D

You can't tell the Keljunk crowd anything Playboy! When they get tired of their unreliable tupperware they will end up with true quality pocket pistolas- Seecamp LWS380, LWS32, and Rohrbaugh R9
Don't forget the NAA Gaudian .32acp...I think it is a great value also. :)

I own both size Seecamps and a Rohrbaugh. They are pricey but worth it. I would rather have one nice gun than two mediocre ones. :)

I do love when people say "remember, the kel-tec is not a shoot it ever week gun...just shoot it once then put it where you need it"...if I cannot shoot a gun weekly without it breaking I do not want it.

I do think they fill a very important niche but I will always find something better if I have the time and/or money.

YounGun24

If your on a smaller budget than the Seecamp, you should consider the Bersa Thunder 380 Concealed Carry model. I absolutely love mine. Got it for $320 NIB.

PSP

Had a Kahr K40 but sold it and may get another.

If you liked the K40 why not go back to it? The Kahr K line has an excellent reputation for reliability. If you want really small and reliable you can't beat the Seecamp.

If your on a smaller budget than the Seecamp, you should consider the Bersa Thunder 380 Concealed Carry model. I absolutely love mine. Got it for $320 NIB.
Those are nowhere near the Seecamp size wise but I have heard good things about them from owners and dealers.

The Seecamp is expensive and heavy for its size and capacity.
Really? As the chart you posted shows it is lighter than ever one of those other guns except for the plasticy Kel-tec and it is solid stainless steel.

Perldog007

Old School Old Fool here. For a pocket gun, BUG, or deep concealment, I likes the double deuce - Beretta 21 or pt22.

Have had good luck with both examples. The pt22 is dao, not a bad trigger pull on most specimens and is better for the minimally trained operator. Tip up barrel is good for me, YMMV.

Have looked at the Tomcat, but for the price I read too many "my tomcat jams" posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.