SliP2000 vs Breakfree CLP or other Cleaners

Venom1956

Which do you prefer and why? I have a friend who swears by SLiP. (he owns a glock and AR) I'm not to picky I use CLP Hoppe's No. 9 Oil and Outers Nitro when necessary and a Hoppe's Silicon Cloth to wipe them down. I own a wider variety of firearms that are blued, stainless, or ceramic etc.

What do you guys use and why?

Slip 2000 is what I use, both because it works really well and because being non-petroleum based, I can throw out the waste products (patches, etc.) in the trash without running afoul of the ever more complex municipal waste disposal codes.

baccusboy

Ballistol. I'm all about non-toxic. And the stuff just works.

Best of all, I can put it on the wood, leather, etc., and it does good for all. Many other products can damage different areas on the gun.

But don't listen to me... Hickok45 from Youtube loves the stuff.

http://www.ballistol.com/videos.htm

C0untZer0

I prefer mixing my own stuff up because I can pretend I'm a mad scientist working in a laboratory.

I take some Castrol ATF fluid and pour it into my container, then I mix in some mineral oil...

Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha...

Sometimes I mix in some Kerosene, Stoddard Solvent, mineral spirits and acetone..

Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha...

Ridge_Runner_5

I use Breakfree, but a sample of Slip2000 came with my GSG-1911. Gotta say, it was some very nice stuff. Wish I could find a place locally that stocks it.