slings for shotgun!

bigwrench

Makes carrying your shot gun easier and safer when carrying alot of gear, i.e. bags of decoys, turkey decoys, ect. I use quick detach sling swivels so I can take the sling off when shooting, as the sling does get in the way when shooting my pump waterfowl gun. I hunt with other people who are not bothered by their slings.

arizona98tj

At the Front Sight tactical shotgun courses I attend, a sling is required. And yes, the gun runs just fine with the sling in place. I have QDs on the sling. When at home, the sling is removed. I don't need it catching on anything in the middle of the night.

madokie

shotgun sling??

massad ayoob,in his book on shotguns reccomends against it for police and HD use ,it gets in the way and caught on something,for out doors and hunting you may want one, just dont get one that has ammo carry loops on it it unbalances gun when moving around,throws your aim off.

bswiv

About 20 years ago due to a error on my part I ended up with a friends 870 SP in my posssion for a 3 day hog hunt on Cumberland Island Ga. He had a sling on it.

As soon as I got home after the hunt I orddered the hardware ad a sling for my Mossberg. Have not had a shotgun without one sense.

For hunting I've never had it get in the way, even though I can see the issue in other sitations.

And that Mossberg has been used for everything from ducks to pheasants to hogs without a problem.......except for the fact that I'm not all that good a shot, which is not the slings fault..........

bamaranger

A sling...

on any long gun makes it easier to tote long distances or extended periods of time. As stated, it frees our hands up for other tasks as well. A detachable one can come off for thick brush or in instances where its movement might spook game. Mine goes around my waist in such circumstances.

colostomyclown

if the gun is strictly for the house and property, id echo the sentiment of not using it.

if you WANT a sling for something else, youll have to decide between single point and two point. i wouldnt use a single point tactical style ona gun longer than 18.5"...

for single point, youll want a G, G and G bracket that mounts between the stock and the receiver.

Shawn Dodson

My 870 is set up to accept a Vickers Tactical Applications Sling simply for training classes. It can be fired and operated while slung-up.

For home defense I remove the sling.