Sling options for Henry .22

jersurf101

I have bought my son a Henry h001 lever action .22 for Christmas. This will be a rabbit/squirrel gun for him and I want to put a sling on it. I have looked around and not found a great option.

Is there a replacement barrel band with a sling swivel in it? Any Suggestions?

Also I plan on putting a fixed power compact scope around 4x. I want the scope to have good eye relief and stay out of the hammer on the rifle. I want to keep the scope around $100 so any recommendations would be welcome.

PetahW

I bought this one many years ago, from a local Woolco store, back when they still were selling guns - but one's easy enough to cobble up, if you're handy.

dscn0894by.jpg

A 1" wide x 30" long Cordua Nylon webbing strap makes up the body of the carry strap, with a sliding noose on the end that slips around the muzzle & magazine tube & slid rearward to a comfortable position.

The butt's end has a wide elastic strap (see LH end of pic) that cradles the buttplate, with a 2nd strap that cradles both sides of the buttstock, sewn to the main strap nearby.

Similar, but heavier straps are available today from Cabela's, etc - which don't require any gun alterations, AND can be transferred from gun-to-gun as req'd.

I actually hunt with the carry strap in a jacket or haversack pocket, only attaching it for actual carry/transport when both hands are needed for other uses.

Pahoo

Good choice !!

Here is one on Henry's website
This is a typical Uncle Mikes set up and a typical and good install on Lever .22's. that have a tube feeds. Then you can so to a small nylon sling. Good luck and good choice for that lad of yours ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

gaseousclay

Depends on what you want to spend on a sling. I have the Montana sling for my bolt action and its easily a sturdy & high quality product. I could see using a 1.25" Montana sling on Henry .22, but they cost about $40-50.

jersurf101

I appreciate the help. I am very tempted by both the Henry sling mount and the Montana sling. I do like the sling kit from Henry.

gaseousclay

I appreciate the help. I am very tempted by both the Henry sling mount and the Montana sling. I do like the sling kit from Henry.

But, if your son isn't going to be using the Henry on a regular basis then a $50 sling might not be the best route to go. I only mentioned the Montana sling because it's something he'd have for the rest of his life. There are many less expensive options out there that will work just as good