Slimmer grips for the Sig P229 ?

Jimmy10mm

I've got a Sig .40 P229 and like it very much but even with my large mitts the grip is too much of a good thing. I see on their website they have aluminum or a rubber/plastic (?) grip. Anyone know if these leave a thinner profile to the grip. Mine has the wooden grips that came with the DAK - SAS P229 and they are fatties. TIA.

MK11

The aluminum and traditional plastic grips should all be thinner. You should also look at the new E2 conversion which can be done on your existing Sig. I just had it done with my P226 and the difference is dramatic.

The special that just wrapped was $99, not sure what the conversion will cost going forward but ti's still less than the aluminums.

Jimmy10mm

Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked on their website and that conversion is not available on DAK system pistols which mine is.

tacticalrick

Slim grips

I have a Sig P226 Platinum Elite (9mm) model. It same standard with aluminum grips and I love them. They feel slimmer than the regular Sig plastic grips. They have a course checkered texture which also improves grip.

I also had a set of Hogue rubber grips that I tried on this pistol, but they made the grip too wide - wider than stock - though the rubber did give a very secure grip. I, personally, liked the thinner aluminum grips.

These aluminum grips came with the pistol, but can be bought separately. They're expensive, though. Expect to pay $160 to $180 a set.

wgsigs

I believe Hogue also makes a set of aluminum grips and a set of composite G10 grips for the P229 that are both about the thinnest you can get. They are a little pricey, ~$140.

bill111444

For the Sig, the plastic grips are thinner than the wooden grips and the aluminum grips are thinner than the plastic grips. :) PS: The plastic grips on my 226 and 220 are quite comfortable, I recommend them, they are quite durable.