slightly used AR

bcarver

I have a chance to pick up a Bushmaster 16" solid stock A3 for 500.
This seems like a good deal but I haven't seen it yet.
Is anybody else seeing deals like these due to the "times" (economy/obama impluse buyers regret).

Quentin2

Does sound like a great deal if it's as good as described. No doubt the economy is forcing people to sell stuff cheap. It's really rough out there.

GLK

Great price for a functioning AR. For what it is worth I got this one from a local Tampa pawnshop for $600.00, he was asking $700.00 so I bet he paid $500.00 at the most. It is a Spikes Tactical ST15 lower. The lower is mated to an unknown upper with 16 inch barrel chromed chamber/bore which shined like new when cleaned.

I personally don't think we have seen anything yet in regards to the amount of ARs or AR items for sale cheap. Way too many people jumped in the panic pool when they thought ARs were going away as part of the whole "Hope & Change" thing. As the economy continues to deteriorate(and I believe it will) more and more pre-owned guns will be hitting the market.
DSC03539.JPG

DSC03540.JPG

gotigers

You really can't loose at that price. At worst you might need to replace a few parts. I imagine the main parts are fine. Even if the bolt has flaws, a bolt is less than $100. A lower parts kit is $70. Buy it, shoot it. If it were me, i would already have it.

curmudgeon1

GLK,
Beautiful rifle, great deal.
I have a duplicate, also bought it used, for $895., but at the peak of the Obama election panic.