slide assist for auto pistol

c.j.sikes

i need to know if anyone makes a slide assist for semi auto . i have a sig, beretta, springfield, etc. i have auther in my hands so bad i have trouble working the slides on my pistols so i have heard glock makes one but it is my understanding it only works on glock. if you know anything let me know. thanks cjs

lcpiper

I know some guys work on drills for reloading one handed. Perhaps you can borrow from that.

Some have sights that can be "caught" on the edge of a table, doorway, etc, and you can push opporate the slide.

It also might be possible to make something like a bowler's wrist brace concept but with a "hook" at the wrist or in the palm area that will catch on the slide in front of the rear sight.

I think it would just take some imagination.

imsobored152

Saw an episode of sons of guns where the welded some ar charging handles to the back of the slide for a guy with muscle issues

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using tapatalk

vyse.04

I've seen the Glock slide assists, but I haven't seen anything like that for other models. With Glocks being so popular for quite some time, there are ALL KINDS of aftermarket parts available. With anyother brand, it would probably end up being a custom job.

could probably make something that would use the rear sight mount based on what platform you choose. actually it wouldnt be a hard project if you know anyone with a mill.

MLeake

OP, if you already were aware of possible changes to method, I don't know where you can find a slide assist, sorry.

OTOH, I'll assume you've been taught variations on the sling-shot including punching through with the shooting hand, and cocking the hammer first to get rid of mainspring weight. Then again, assuming only causes problems, so just in case - you can check http://corneredcat.com for possible help with technique.

My mother has weakening hands... She found the taller slide of a SIG to be easier to manipulate than some of the shorter (vertically speaking) slides on other guns. The CZ, with slide in frame, was not viable for her.

Also, full-size guns, with larger slides (and more inertia to damp recoil) tend to have easier recoil springs to overcome.

Changing to a lighter caliber, in similar gun, can also help.

Good luck,

M

You are looking for something I think is called a "slide racker," I know they exist for 1911s. IIRC they replace the rear sight in the dovetail and provide a lateral extension you can grab to facilitate racking the slide.

Here ya go: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=slide+racker/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=slide_racker

Glock:
t_100005827_1.jpg

1911:
t_375101100_1.jpg

JimPage

What a great forum this is. I've wanted a slide assist device for years for my wife who can't work the slide on a semi-auto. She now has a S&W J frame 38spcl.

I never knew a slide assist existed. Thanks to all. :)