SKYY CPX-1 Pistol

lamarw

Anyone have any personal experience with this pistol. It has since been renamed the SCCY Industries Model CPX-1.

I have read all the stuff on the internet.

I got it off GunBroker for $156.00 plus I will have to pay another $15.60 in sales tax. I will pick it up. So, no shipping or FFL cost. I have bought a lot from this great seller.

I need another 9mm like a hole in the head, but it will be a new toy to play with. I am either a glutton for punishment or just a glutton to what I think is a deal.

I think it carries a lifetime warranty on the pistol and not the original owner. but I could be wrong.

Anyway a new thread on a less than well known pistol. :)

Ibmikey

Hey, no sweat, I had someone give me advice once. :) I have an SCCY II and commented on it a week or so ago.

arizonaopa

Mine is nice

I have a large collection of guns and the CPX-1 is included. I have taken it to the range several times with no misfires or fail to feed. The only time I had a problem was during a cleaning session. A part connected to the spring came off and I was not sure how to reattach it. I took the gun to my LGS and the gunsmith was able to show me how to fix it on the spot. Since then, I have had no problems. I understand that early models had some problems, but the newer production runs have turned out very dependable guns that a smaller person can use without fail. I CC my CPX-1.

qwiksdraw

You might want to call SCCY and let them know you have this older model. They will probably suggest you have them update the parts on it. This would be covered by the lifetime warranty.

lamarw

I received an email from SCCY Industries. I have the luxury of keeping my used First Generation CPX-1 with a life of the pistol warranty, or I can return it to SCCY for a free new Second Generation either CPX-1 or CPX-2 in my choice of finishes which also comes with a life of the pistol warranty.

I am telling you folks the CPX-2 in bright pink and a stainless slide is screaming to me. "NOT" :)

PT-92

To me it reminds me so much of the Kel-Tec P11 which I do own. I don't own (yet) but it's on my list as I know a couple of buddies that each own one (heck, one of them use it for their CCW). In shooting theirs as well as in doing research, this is a no-brainer for anyone in the market relative to this category (sub-compact). Of course, SKYY's updated II model is said to have corrected any reported issues with the first but for the price the OP paid I'd say he did just fine with money leftover to get the new model to boot ;).

lamarw

Thanks PT-92, Actually the new pistol from SCCY Industries will be absolutely free other than what I paid for the old one. It will be a one for one exchange of the old one for the new one.

I will be in the Daytona Beach area next week and will take the old pistol with me and trade it in. (no shipping cost)

My current plans are to trade it for the CPX-2 with the stainless slide and black polymer frame. I don't see the need for a safety on a double action pistol with a long 7 lb. trigger pull.

PT-92

lamarw

Thanks PT-92, Actually the new pistol from SCCY Industries will be absolutely free other than what I paid for the old one. It will be a one for one exchange of the old one for the new one.

I will be in the Daytona Beach area next week and will take the old pistol with me and trade it in. (no shipping cost)

My current plans are to trade it for the CPX-2 with the stainless slide and black polymer frame. I don't see the need for a safety on a double action pistol with a long 7 lb. trigger pull.

Well it's quite apparent that SCCY has customer service nailed.

iraqveteran8888 has a torture test on YouTube and the pistol does quite well and then some...

lamarw

I went by SCCY Industries yesterday and turned-in the used "Sky CPX-1" I bought a few weeks back. In exchange I received a brand new SCCY CPX-2 with no questions asked. They also provided it as a brand new unit with box, papers, two magazines and etc. They also gave me two shirts, a ball cap and numerous other goodies with their logo. This was all covered as a warranty exchange.

When I get home, I will put a few rounds through it and provide a field report. This is the least expensive new pistol I have ever obtained. :)

It carries a life time warranty on the pistol itself no matter how many times it changes owners.

Buckeye!

My CPX-2 rolled in yesterday ..just got finished with its initial cleaning....quality seem better than expected...magazines where stiff ...but after leaving them loaded overnight ..they seem to load easier ...I put the flat bases on the magazines ...hopefully I'll be able to run a couple hundred rounds thru her this weekend...

2el3z9v.jpg

15fhjpx.jpg

Last edited:

lamarw

Buckeye, Let us know how it shoots. I just got home this evening with mine. I did get it cleaned up and freshly lubricated. I don't expect to shoot it until after the weekend.

Here is a picture of my new one plus the cleaning mat SCCY gave me.

Attachments

• CPX-2.jpg
    CPX-2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21