SKS reflex sight?

Ac1d0v3r1d3

Howdy folks
I'm looking to buy a reflex sight for my Yugo SKS. I want to put it on a gas tube rail so unlimited eye relief is important. And I'd prefer no paralax for ease of use. I'd like to keep the price under $150 since this is only a $180 rifle.
What brands in this price range are good?

Right now I'm looking pretty hard at the Mueller reflex sight.

Also if you all have any pictures of your SKS set up please post them

Thanks
-Chris

Daekar

Don't put it on the gas tube, accuracy is going to suffer since that's a movable component.

Get a scout mount: http://scoutscopes.com/

They go in the place of the rear sight leaf (don't worry, it's reversible) and they're about the only good way to add optics to an SKS without drilling holes in the thing.

If I were going to do more precision shooting with my SKS and I wanted to get a different sighting system, I would consider a peep sight like this one whose design addresses the stability problems normally inherent in a receiver mount on the SKS:

http://www.tech-sights.com/

I may invest in the tech-sights peep yet - I just dislike the idea of having to remove the sight to clean the gun, even if it does return to zero when replaced.

Ac1d0v3r1d3

I have looked into the tech sights. I have heard really great things about them, but I am not a big fan of peep/ghostring sights.
I just received a stock that has a rain on the gas tube, so I think I will try it out mounted that way. But if that doesn't work out I will definitely try the SKS scout scope. it looks like a really good solution to the SKS scope mounting issue.
I'm not looking to make my sks into a precision rifle. But more of a (as much as I hate to sat it) "tactical" defense rifle. If the red dot will help me make shots at 200 yard then that's a bonus. But really I plan on shooting this rifle at much shorts distances. I just moved down to Southern california and all these people kind of freak me out. I never felt the need for a cqc type rifle before, but now I believe that I may someday need one.
Thanks for the input!

Ac1d0v3r1d3

i went ahead and bought a Mueller reflex sight. I'm planning on putting it on the fore grip of my rifle. Failing that I will probably buy the a fore mentioned scout scope mount. I'll let you all know how it works out.

bduncan39

Sks

Just received a hand down sks. Looks to be a chinese model. I dont know much about them, but the numbers match and is a very low production number like 0000xx or 00000xx number. What's do you think it might be worth?