SKS Information

Saltydog235

I've got a Norinco SKS that my late FIL left me, two in fact. I don't know a whole lot about these guns other than they fire 7.62X39 ammo and are cheap but reasonably reliable.

Where can I get the best information and parts to make this thing look and run to the best it can? Detachable magazine conversion? Stocks? If I have to keep it, at least I can make it look decent or more attractive to sell.

Aren't these things pretty easy to convert to full auto?

Keep it stock and spend your money on ammo and training.

Full auto conversion by gun plumbers can be dangerous. The action has to be locked before the hammer drops. It's a matter of timing and a delay mechanism/full auto sear ensures safe firing in full auto. Having the hammer drop before the action is locked up can damage the gun and injure the shooter.

Saltydog235

10-4 on the conversion.

Mainly I'd like to put a tupperware stock kit on it and get it converted to take magazines over the stripper clips/single feed loading.

I'll shoot it a little but I'd rather shoot my other guns. I'd really like to sell it.

stu925

If it is in it's factory configuration I'd leave the rifle alone and just shoot it. If it's already been modified and you want to change things a bit then feel free but you'll have to make sure it's 922r compliant. Here's pretty good page for understanding 922r: http://home.comcast.net/~navy87guy/home/922r.html and there's a ton of SKS info at http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php these guys seem very helpful and should be able to help you with anything you need.

Stu

KLRANGL

You'll never get the aftermarket detachable magazines to feed as reliably as the factory magazine will...

matthewhicks6

norinco sks

i got this norinco sks awhile ago. im not sure how to identify what year its made, or what kind of sks it is. can i get any help, and also, are all the norincos able to take ak 47 magazines?

1Hobie

Saltydog235

Forget full auto. You do it you violate BATF law and you can't buy a stamp as the last full auto guns legally purchased were built before 1986.

The SKS is a fun gun to shoot. Don't dump a lot of money until you've went out and shot it.

Hobie