SKS Bullpup

Roadcat01

check out the SKS Boards, they've got over 100 pages, with the last 25 or so entered after people started getting theirs, putting them together, making some mods, etc. Also check out Youtube, SGWorks for video from the makers and some of the SKS Boards folks.

ADIDAS69

I ordered up two for mine; just waiting on delivery. when you compare them to the Center balanced rifle systems offerings the SGWORKS design is clearly superior. That is assuming that after i assemble they work as advertised. I think the only thing i would change is the trigger guard so it isolates the trigger, i know this design is better if you are wearing gloves.

Achilles11B

I became sad after I watched the video. As a left handed shooter, I knew the decision came down to having an interesting bullpup that shoots relatively inexpensive ammo vs. losing teeth and getting horribly scarred up from catching hot brass with my mouth. If the manufacturer comes up with a left-side eject conversion/retrofit, I might consider it.

Smokey Joe

SKS Bullpup...

I've never liked the looks of a bullpup design, although admittedly it would work nice in a CQB situation. Which personally is not an expected eventuality.

Achilles 11 B--Lefty SKS ain't gonna happen. Would require a whole new receiver, bolt, bolt carrier, ejector--In other words, the rifle would have to be re-manufactured from scratch. This is pretty much true for any military rifle. The only ambidextrous rifle model that comes to mind, besides a break-action or falling block, would be an old top-eject Winchester Model 94. And even the 94 still requires to be loaded on the right side of the receiver. In shotguns, it'd be the old Ithaca Model 37, which loads AND ejects out the bottom.(I have a friend who is a lefty who has one of those; he likes it very much.) Sorry--It ain't nice but it's reality. Traditionally, lefties in the military were forced to shoot right-handed regardless. Some made the transition, some did not. (Don't know about today's kinder, more sensitive, military.)

GoOfY-FoOt

(Don't know about today's kinder, more sensitive, military.)

I heard they hold your hand, throughout, or let your right handed boyfriend qualify for you...J/K...
I have gay friends and neither of them can shoot...