Six-cess!!!

9x19

Well, I finally found a “reasonably priced” Speed Six in 9mm, complete with shipping sleeve, box, book and factory “moon clips”. :D :p :D

Attachments

• S69mmBox.jpg
    S69mmBox.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 102

Jkwas

how does it compare to 38spl?

I'm curious. I've thought about a 9mm snubnose, but how does it compare to the 38spl?
Jkwas :)

9x19

john,

I've been looking for a couple of years... have seen a few in that time, but most were priced too high for me, or they were in less than acceptable condition.

john,

Shooting .38+P/125gr vs 9mm/124gr loads (both standard pressure) from my 3" SP-101s reveals a barely noticeable increase in felt recoil for the 9mm... chronograph readings (sorry, I don't have them "on" me) are better for the 9mm, though not by a huge amount.

Moon clips do make for fast reloads, but also require a bit more care in handling than do the HKS speedloaders.

Overall, I enjoy shooting 9mm from my little SP-101, but it isn't so much better, that I'd entertain ridding myself of the .38. I haven't had the chance to shoot the Speed Six yet.

My other 3" SP-101, shooting .357 Magnum/125gr loads trumps 'em both, in terms of velocity, recoil and muzzle blast! :D