Single stack Glock

Ron Ankeny

Well I got to play around with the little single stack Glock .45 today. Compared it to the G30 and my Springfield Ultra-Compact.

Cute little hunk of polymer. Glock sure put the G30 on a diet to come up with this one. The frame is more slender as is the slide. The Glock slide is about as thin as my Springfield and the grip is even more thin than the SA with the rubber grips. Glock is a whole lot lighter too. Of course it is still a Glock, lol.

Any of you guys have a chance to shoot one yet? I am curious about accuracy and recoil. Yeah, that means I might buy one. The dealer has two and he is holding one back for me until the middle of next week.

Bulldog

I've put 350-400 round through my G36. I wanted it for the huge difference in thickness - it may not look huge, but tuck it inside your waistband and you'll know what I'm talking about. The G30 is just too fat for me to conceal easily.

I'd compare the recoil of the G36 to that of a G27. It's sharp, and depending of your hand, it may wear on you pretty quickly. Didn't take long for my brothers hand to start hurting.

Accuracy is comparable to that of the G30.

The G30 is the only handgun I have ever had that shot exactly where I wanted it, right out of the box, and without any technique adjustment. The G36, on the otherhand, keeps shooting left for me. Once I get my technique down with this gun, it is entirely possible that this will be replacing my G27 as my daily carry gun.

------------------
¡Viva la RKBA!
Bulldawg: NRA, GOA, TSRA, Shiner Bock Connoisseur.
Bulldawg's Firearms Page

ak9

Got my g36 and feels just like my beloved g19, although I must admit the recoil was a little surprising. Ditto bulldog on the feel and hideability. A little slice of glock heaven.

D Crockett

Spectre,
Why dont you check out the new Spectres at Alchemy Arms. They are a mix of Glocklikeness and 1911 singlestackedness.

Just kidding around but you might like it. Looks neat to me but I've not seen any tests on them yet.

Dave

jwong

I got a chance to handle one in a store and do a little side by side comparision with the G30... The G36 certainly felt lighter and the grip much slimmer than the G30... One interesting note - I was looking at the two slides from the rear, and it looked like the inside width (from rail to rail was the same). So I tried it out, and the G36 slide fits the G30 frame and vice versa... Manually racking the slide felt fine... Hmmm.. I wonder if the slimmer (and I would assume less costly) G36 slide will eventually find its way as the standard G30 slide... I would assume it would save Glock in material costs...

EQUALIZER

How does it compare with, say a G19 when it comes to retracting the slide?

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)
---------------------------
"Reasonable gun law?............There's No such critter!" --EQ

EQUALIZER

--------------------------
Double tap? Now how'd I go and do that.....

[This message has been edited by EQUALIZER (edited May 26, 2000).]