Single Shot 22 LR Recommendations

PATH

Folks,

I am looking to purchase some single shot rifles for a local scouting group.

My question is who makes them anymore? How much do the run?
Which ones are the better ones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

VictorLouis

I bought a Crickett for when my boy is ready.

It literally is like a 1/2 scale rifle for small kids. The bolt serves only to open the action and extract the shell. The tip of the shell must be inserted into the chamber, as there is no tradtional feed ramp feature. Cocking is a separate function after chambering, and there is no manual safety. Synthetic stock and blued-steel for $99 at Wal-Mart.:)

Marlin is a step up in size, which I suspect would be more approriate to kids of Scouting age and size. I just saw their new, stainless steel M15YS at my dealer's for $158. It cocks upon working the bolt, has a feed ramp, and a traditional manual-safety. CZ makes a Scout youth rifle that is supplied with a dummy mag to make it a single shot. This is the only one of the three with which they could proceed to clip-fed use when they show the maturity to do so. IIRC, it operates just like the Marln.

www.cricketrifle.com www.marlinfirearms.com
www.cz-usa.com

jjmorgan64

Rossi matched pair

it is a breaktop 22, mine shoots very well, with changeable barels, you can pot a 410 or 20 gauge barrel instead of the 22.

this is a very small, light gun that is still fun to shoot for anout 120-130 dollars around here

http://www.rossiusa.com/mp.html