Single Action Ruger poll

Which Ruger single-action revolver grip do you prefer?

• Vaquero/Blackhawk/Single Six

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Bisley

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Birds Head

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • No preference

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

popbang

I am one of those that after handling the Bird's head grip really liked it. If I can't have that I'll take the regular blackhawk grip. A lot of people like the Bisley, but I just don't like it. Can't say anything bad about it just not for me.

For me, it's definitely the Bisley. I own a small frame .22,
large frame .357, .44 mag and a .45 LC, all in the Bisley configuration.

Find them to be much more controllable than the regular Blackhawk model. My only regret is that I didn't get one in the small frame .32 magnum when I had a chance, then I would have had a complete set. Oh well......

Safe shooting.

Jim March

You missed at LEAST two factory grips:

1) The SuperBlackhawk grip is a scaled-up Vaquero/Blackhawk type. It comes in two flavors, "Dragoon" with a squareback triggerguard and the new Hunter type is rounded. They take the same grip panels.

2) There's a new grip for the .32Mag Single Six and I think the new "baby Vaquero" .22LR - same as the Vaquero/Blackhawk, but chopped 1/4 shorter. This is my favorite! Allows real easy "pinkie curling" under the grip.

Of the aftermarket grip frames, Power Custom has one similar to Colt SAA. North Carolina Ordinance has a "Lightning type" that's interesting, as long as you don't run two much power through it...it won't roll, so very hot .357s might sting, anything worse is crazy.