Singer 1911A1

indybrad

Anybody know about Singer 1911s. My Fathe in law got a hold of one and we don't know a whole lot about them. I guess there were only 500 made, is this true? He traded it for a Baretta and 300 cash.

slow

From one Hoosier to another....If that's the real deal it's worth a lot of money...$40K! The Serial numbers used were S80001 to S800500 and the slide markings are (anything other is a knock off) S. MFG. CO. ELIZABETH, N.J. USA . If this is what you have CONGRATULATIONS! get insurance fast! If you have any doubt do search on The Sight's M1911 .45ACP Page

williamd

Yep, 500. In Elizabeth, NJ. S/n range S800,001 - S800,500. In 95% condition Blue Book says $32,500.00 :D In 60% condition, still $12,000.00!

RsqVet

If real that is a very high dollar gun, the book estimates are just that estimates, most prices at auction will be much higher...

indybrad

Holy crap!!! Alls I know that if it's the real deal he better hand it down to me LOL. I guess he got it from some guy in his 90's that picked it up from a firing range. The guy said some guys in the military were shooting and it wasn't firing so they threw it in the woods and he went and picked it up. That was back in the 40's