Since everything always turns into a caliber war.

dlb0412

Heres the place to make your point. Who likes what caliber and why? Tell everyone your opinion of why its better than the rest.:D

Yung.gunr

Ok I will play....

I like 9mm best. Less recoil, very popular and easy round to get. So many choices of guns. COST! And of course, it does everything I need it to.

another 9mm fan. i skip 40 altogether. 45 is fine. 40 is even flippier in a gun than 45, but without the knockdown power. i would much rather put 4 rapid, well placed shots into a bad guy than 1 with a (very) little extra umph.

SauerGrapes

I own more .45acp pistols than anything alse so.........40 is growing on me though. 9mm is always fun to shoot.

Do I really have to pick one? Nah, I like them all! :p

BarryLee

I really like .45 the best, but must admit I am being drawn toward the 9mm. I like the extra capacity and the quick follow up shots associated with 9mm, but love the feel of shooting a .45 caliber handgun. :confused:

laytonj1

I don't play favorites.
22lr, 38 special, 38 Super, 9mm, 10mm, 40S&W, and 45ACP.
They all have their pros and cons.

Jim

Jo6pak

I've always been a fan of the .40S+W.
It's the goldilocks caliber. More powerful than the 9mm; less weight and recoil, flatter trajectory than the .45ACP.

That being said, as I begin to shoot more, the cost savings of the 9mm is starting to look tempting.

But even moreso, the little .22 rimfire. Because it's cheap fun, I can shoot it all day and still look at myself in the mirror in the morning:)

rem44m

Hmmm after much thought and consideration the 25 auto is out.... I'm still working on narrowing the rest down :D

I love guns!

Adamantium

I like the 45. It makes major power factor with medium power loads, brass last forever and I cast my own bullets so the price vs 9mm is almost non-existent.

Poor choice of words when discussing handgun calibers.

He brings up an excellent point in that threads do go downhill when people stop adding new information and instead just sharp shoot previous posters.

HKFan9

Ill play.

I carry a few difference guns depending on dress, situation.. ect.

Most times... although I love my 1911's... I carry a 9mm.

Most people alread covered the reasons why.. and I am comfortable with it if I do my part.

Next up with me .45.... great round, both for target shooting and self defense... but I hate to break it to the macho man crowd that only eat sleep and breath .45 and not the poodle shooter 9mm... but NO handgun round is ideal.

Besides those two... I LOVE .22 handguns and rifles.... they are a blast.