Since everyone is talking about 44 Magnums.

CajunBass

Earlier in the week I had come close to buying a 29-3 from the LGS. Then I had a fellow I'd bought from and sold to before contact me the next day to to see if I would be interested in this. I was, but needed some time to sell a couple of others to (1) make room, (2) make cash. He said "No problem." I picked it up this morning.

Smith & Wesson 29-2, 44 Magnun from 1977, with a 6 1/2" barrel, in nickel, with target hammer, trigger, and grips, as well as presentation case, cleaning tools, and sight adjustment tool. Alas, the inner liner on the case is in pretty poor shape, and there are no papers, but I doubt I'll lose much sleep over that.

100_0455.jpg

100_0456.jpg

Man, it's hard to get even a decent picture of a nickel gun.

J A

Very nice

It does not get much better than that. I am jealous. Enjoy that one for a long time.

FairWarning

Beauty. I've never owned a .44 Mag, but lately I've been thinking quite a lot about .44 Goodness. :) And that is one very fine example.

richardcorey

Cajun - that is the EXACT one that I had to sell a few years back (damn lawyers do get expensive), and yes the liner on the presentation case is not for long. But I will tell you right away, the trigger will spoil you forever. Fire a bunch of rounds through the 29-2 and then listen to yourself say "It's a fine shooter, BUT the trigger is not as good as my 29-2" when you fire any other. I had always thought the S&W Model 15 was a fine trigger, until I had the Model 29, and since then all others are not quite up to snuff. Hold onto that beauty for dear life and enjoy the ride.

CajunBass

Fire a bunch of rounds through the 29-2 and then listen to yourself say "It's a fine shooter, BUT the trigger is not as good as my 29-2" when you fire any other. I had always thought the S&W Model 15 was a fine trigger, until I had the Model 29, and since then all others are not quite up to snuff. Hold onto that beauty for dear life and enjoy the ride.

You got that right Richard. The trigger is really nice. I'm looking forward to shooting it soon.

I freely admit that I won't shoot heavy loads in it. I just shoot for the fun of it, and I'm way to old to enjoy a lot of recoil and flash. I just like the big guns. ;) :D