Since cars kill more than guns, let's ban cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Dog Dad

Since we are becoming a kindler, gentler, sit around the campfire and sing and hug, I'm starting a campaign to ban all cars.;) I wonder how that will play out when the tree-huggers have to walk to work each day. Think how much physical exercise we will get walking 20 miles to work. We will become less energy dependent, the air will be cleaner (except for the smell of sweat in the summer), and there won't be any ego massaging by buying a better car than your neighbor. After you walk the five miles to your favorite local bar, you can drink all you want and not have to worry about dui; you'll just need to worry about falling off the side of the approved walking path. I think it's a great idea and once a year we can have a national hug-your-favorite-tree-hugger day where we all sit around the campfire and do absolutely nothing productive. What a great kindler and gentler nation we will become. We don't have to worry about any foreign nation attacking us, they'll be too busy laughing their asses off at us. You can send your donations to me and I'll see that the evil-money is buried under a deserving tree. I'll be waiting!:D

-=BDD=-

Skadoosh

I was thinking that alcohol and firearms are similar in many ways...and that the government should reinstate Prohibition. Ban the possession and use of alcohol.

But cars will work too.

Pond James Pond

I'd second that, purely for the benefits, irrespective of any comparison with firearms.
Exceptions being emergency response and public transport as well as haulage to local rail distribution stations.

Then, bicycles for all: it would help fight an even bigger killer than cars and guns combined, many times over: diet related disease...

Incidentally, I am very fond of trees...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.