simply rugged

txray22

Has anyone seen a change in the simply rugged holsters? I just got my second one and it's just not the same.

Phil

BarryLee

I ordered one a few years back and have been pretty happy with the fit and quality. I am considering ordering another one, so is something wrong with your holster or is it just different?

txray22

It's different. I ordered one for a 2.25 inch sp101. It fits ok, but it's longer than the older one. It does fit my 3 inch sp101 ok. I don't know if they just changed the design to accomodate the longer barrel or what. I think the next leather I buy will be Galco or Old El Paso Saddlery.

Phil

The Great Mahoo

I only have 1 holster from SR, a pancake I purchased last year for my SP101. I'm happy with it. I bought a dump-pouch and an AR mag holder a while back; the mag holder works much better with my Mini-14.

flintshooter

I have five of their holsters and the last one i received just before Christmas is just as good as the others. If your not happy with it give them a call and see what they say.

9ballbilly

FWIW I have a Simply Rugged pancake sourdough holster for my Blackhawk .45 colt. I've had it about a year and use it often. I've had no problems of any kind with it and plan on buying another one for a different handgun very soon.

twobit

Got two pancakes (one for a LCR, other for a 5 1/2" SAA). Also have two belts and two drop pouches. I guess my most recent purchase from then is about ten months ago. No problem with any of the stuff.

MLeake

txray22, it's possible they mixed up the order and sent you a 3" holster. As flintshooter suggested, give Rob Leahy a call; my guess is he'll take care of you.