Simple holster question

lefteye

I would like recommendations for a quality, comfortable leather IWB holster for daily concealed carry of a Ruger SR9c. Please offer your recommendations, reasoning and experience. And, while I doubt if a Kydex holster would be both comfortable and concealable on my small body (5'6"/150lbs), I also welcome reasoned opinions/recommendations on this option. Finally, your experience is not limited to an SR9c - your experience with similar size/weight pistols is helpful and welcome.

Captains1911

You are asking a very difficult question that nobody but you can answer. The bottom line is you will need to try a few to see what works best for you. I recommend trying a leather/kydex hybrid first. Many manufacturers make them, I prefer The Black Mamba by Concealment Solutions. Tommy Theiss is another. Both offer a free 30-day trial period with excellent customer service. Of course you could also get a Crossbreed if you want to pay more and wait longer for an inferior product. I've heard good things about Alien Gear as well, but I have no experience with that one.

Grant D

I have a Crossbreed Super tuck for my Ruger LC9, and a Galco King Tuk for my 1911's.
I find them to be comfortable for all day carry, much more than the clip on style.

biohazard313

i carry alot IWB i have 2 holsters i use.

1. my go to holster is my aliengear one. it was reasonably priced (but did take about a month to recieve) it was just under $37 shipped. i have had mine for 6+ months and absolutely love it. they offer 30 day money back guarentee. if you dont love it they buy it back. also has a lifetime warranty. and if you ever sell the ruger and get something esle they will swap the kydex shell for free. i think you just pay shipping. then you get a new shell for your new carry gun
http://aliengearholsters.com/

2. foxx hybrid. same style as the AG. fits nicely at 4-5 o clock. over back pocket. i got this one in all black. the AG is tan/painted kydex. this is for when i am forced to dress up and still wish to carry (where legal) concealed.
http://www.foxxholsters.com/

i carry a 4.25 inch double stack smith and wesson M&P and have no issues concealing with either of these holsters

i would personally recommend either as a galco kingtuk/crossbreed /desantis intruder alternative. for less cost you get a better holster imho