Silver Sights for 1911?

Jonpod

Does anyone make silver colored (stainless,or hard chromed) sights for the 1911? I would love to see a picture of a SS of HC 1911 with matching sights if anyone has one. Thanks.

Dave T

I can't remember clearly but I think the AMT Hardballer and the Randal 45 came with stainless sights. This was back in the 70's. From the same era, Colt's Satin Nickle Government Models and Commanders came with nickled sights.

I don't think anyone makes such sights as most people think white (light colored) sights are a poor choice.

fastforty

I'm with Dave, they're virtually non-functional. I hand inlayed, cast, polished & installed an 18kt solid gold front bead on my Security Six. Looks waaaaay kewl, but it was useless. Had to bead blast & blacken it to get back on target :(

Jonpod

Ok, not that I want to do this or anything but; why couldn't you just blacken the sights shooting profile with the rest in a stainless finish? Like bead blasted or something so as not to glare. Maybe add tritium inserts too. I am just mostly curious to see if anyone has done this and to post pictures if they have.