Silver Lining?

unit 900

First, let me say I'm a glass half full kind of guy. I'm also a firm believer in the second amendment. I live in Maryland, a truly backwards and oppressive state when it comes to concealed carry. I can carry concealed due to LEOSA and a 30+ year career as a retired LEO. I do so every day, but you would be amazed how many of my retired contemporaries do not bother. The fact that CCW is so uncommon has led to a situation where there are virtually no signs posted anywhere that prohibit carry; bars, churches public buildings are sign-free. Is it wrong to feel anger and disappointment that my fellow citizens are not granted a right guaranteed under the constitution, but feel kind of glad that I can carry virtually anywhere?

Yankee Doodle

I too am covered under LEOSA. I carry when and if I choose to do so.
I, for one do not feel any sympathy at all for those who want to carry, and can't due to local laws. If they feel strongly enough about it, they would get together and throw those responsible out of office, and change the laws.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Boatme98

I know the feeling. I have lived in Md. It stinks.
I have 2 kids, one in Md., and one in De. Guess where I stay when I visit. :cool:
My permit is good in every state from here to De. except Md. I have to stop at the Va./Md. state line and disarm until I get to De. :mad: