Silenco Falcon electronic ear muffs

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
Hey guys and gals, I just ordered a pair of Silencio Falcon electronic hearing protectors for $59.00. Anybody have any experience with these? How good are they, and was that a good price? (Guess I should've asked this before I bought, huh? :rolleyes: )

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
You got it! I tried them outdoors with my .270 Win., .45 ACP, a friends 10mm Colt Delta Elite, and finally a dept. Colt 9mm SMG (wanted to try them with continuous, staccato noise). Then I put them to the big test, a .357 mag. on an indoor range. Rating: good, but not excellent. They are omni-directional, so you can hear voices well all around you. The higher frequencies seem to be exaggerated a little with the lower ones somewhat muted. They clamp down well on gunshots (and did well with the SMG). Only down sides I could find is that the on/off volume controls can get turned on easily in your range bag, but the batteries seem to last a long time. (One AAA in each cup, very easy to change) The volume of the gunshots seems a little loud, but not uncomfortably so, and I had no ringing in my ears, even with the .357 indoors. Bottom line is, I'm sure there are better ones out there, but I think these are going to do me just fine. :)