Sigma vs. M&P vs. Glock

WVfishguy

I recently bought a SW40GVE (Sigma) 'cause it was cheap:p; under $300 for NIB gun, case and 4 mags (two extra mags come with mail-in rebate).

Anyone out there own a new Sigma S&W and a Glock, or a Sigma and a Smith M&P?

I am curious as to how the new Sigma compares to a Glock or the M&P.

Notice I said a NEW Sigma, not an older model.

Thanks for your input.

oldmantod

You know that both of us are going to get banned for admitting this right??

banstick_lg.jpg

So to answer your question - yep - gots those plus more (sadly enough).

I can compare it to the glock, XD, M&P 9c.

Its the device that I keep greased in the box and if a noob wants to get their hands on a gun (as in a personal sale) - it would be first to go.

Its ok - if I could find the dude who used to do trigger jobs on it - I could see wrapping this sow in silk and make it usable.

It feels top heavy compared to the rest (because of the severe "plasticity" of the receiver).

But its all good - I once owned a Hi-Point too ;)

- T

Moe Howard

I currently have both the Sigma sw9ve and and M&P9mm, and have had a G19. The Sigma is a completely underrated gun but does have one drawback and that as you may have guessed is the heavier than normal trigger pull. You will read everything from, it takes some getting used to, to is is the worst trigger ever must be 22 pounds. In reality it leans toward the, takes some getting used to. The Sigma is truly great when you consider its reliability and the price but when it come to trigger, and accuracy it is not in the same league as the M&P or the G19. The Sigma will eat anything you feed it, it also has great ergonomics, and the trigger will smooth out with time. It is a tremendous value for what it is, a reliable, comfortable, accurate enough, gun that will get you out of a tight spot. If you want something for competition I would look more toward the M&P or the Glock.
Good luck with your new toy.

WVfishguy

A guy at the range showed me how to shoot the Sigma.

I shot all over the place until I learned how to shoot DOA. Never shot one before. After I learned to pull the trigger straight back, no hesitation, I tightened my groups. Even better is not releasing the trigger all the way between shots. It's going to take a lot of practice, though.

The Sigma's a helluva truck gun! :p

ryan huddleston

i have a sigma in 9mm. i baught it in december and still no rebate or mags but i think its a great gun for home defence of ccw. iv put allmost 1000 rnds. through itof about 5 types of amo both FMJ and hallow point and have yet to have a FTF FTE. Isnt reliability the mos important thing to consider when considering self defence and CCW? So the triger sucks, get over it if you cant pull a 10 lb triger then get a revolver.