sigma 9VE series or the ruger SR9c

contender4040

if given a choice in these two striker fired weapons........ccw is not an issue.

which way would you go?

the sigma with years of production and improvments under its belt (compared to its intro)

or the sr9c and its rather short track record.....recalled but suposedly problems addressed?

love the feel of the sigma....best feeling plastic gun i've ever held...the trigger though is like a k frame with a bit of sand thrown in and a weak return.....but what the hey, i still enjoy DA revolvers.

like the features of the sr9c and especially the ambi safety and mag release, trigger seems conducive to point shooting......but is the "fix" really in on these?

Last edited:

tanner33

just correcting

The SR9c was never recalled, the SR9 was. The SR9c has all the updates to it, so there's now worry on the recall that the regular version had. I have the SR9c, my first semi-auto that I own and it's really good. I can't say whether it's better than the Sigma though.

hasbro_fan

Ruger

The SR9c was not recalled. Based on my experience and opinion, I would prefer the Ruger over the Sigma.

I have not tried the latest from S&W, the SD9 / SD40. That may be another option to consider in a striker fired lower end handgun.

fergie

I have a couple of thousand of rounds through my SR9c with no problems except a pin above the slide release working out a little. Had to push it in a couple of times. It's easy to conceal and I love shooting it. I'm glad I bought it!