Sights...

eldogg4life

I own a Springfield XD9 and am looking at getting new sights since I had the basic white sights but my uncle used a cleaning product and took off the white on my rear sights. Now I am looking to see what kind of sights us common folk (those not motivated my ad money) find useful.

Hit me up,
Thanks

eL

RSublime4Life

I have Trijicon night sights on my xd45. They have white circles around the center that glows. They are just as easy to see in the daylight as the stock sights were with the benefit of being able to see them in total darkness. Be warned:the stock sights are a b**** to get off. The Smith I took my gun to to have the sights put on did end up putting a minor ding in my slide trying to beat the stock sights off, its tiny and purely cosmetic but it bugged me a little bit. Other then that I am glad I made the switch. Wasn't too much either I got the sights off of flea-bay for 80 shipped and the smith charged me 25 to put them on for me.

-Russ

CarbineCaleb

I have a green Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight on my revolver. Definitely a big improvement over the standard sights in good to moderate light - super bright and really draw your attention to the front sight. But, in low light, they are sensitive to the direction of the light - the light must strike the fiber from the side to be amplified - for example as you enter a darkened room, all the light is actually coming from behind you, and in that situation, they're not so great. Perfect sight for the range, and for some defense situations, but not for all.

I am just procrastinating, but will try the XS Sights Big Dot Express sights next - quite like the concept of the shallow-V rear and big front sight.

Last edited:

gandog56

I have a Taurus 66 that my smith milled a slot into the front sight, and put in a flourescent yellow painted line. The rear sights were always just a block square notch. Works great.