sights for GP 100

iblong

Mornning,
Looking for replacement sights for my gp100 Im thinking some type of fiber optics,can any one recomend one they feel is worth using.
Thanks,Bob.

Bitmap

I like the Meprolite tritium insert sights for the GP-100. I don't know if the same model is available but they used to make a low profile adjustable set that was the same height as the factory adjustable sights. I believe Kimber is now the distributor for Meprolite.

3StrikesNC

I replaced my GP100 stock sights with the Ruger Super Redhawk sights. Simple swap, did it years ago.

I found them much better and more accurate for me. Could probably post a pic if you are interested.

s4s4u

I like these:
raggedholes.jpg

JAYBIRD78

Those are "one ragged hole" sights. I have a set for a single-six and I think they are great for range use. The "ghost ring" sits rather high and there is some "play" with the sight in the rear sight holder. I could see it snagging or bumping and breaking off. I do have a set and once again I would say "range use only". IMHO

http://www.oneraggedhole.com/

s4s4u

S4S4U, can you give us some more info on those sights?

Yep, the rear is One Ragged Hole ghost ring. I have no issues with durability and have hunted with them on my SBH Bisley Hunter (pictured) and S-Six for years. The front sight is a fiber optic from Marble's, you can get at Midway USA in varied heights depending on application. I also have on a GP100 with a Ruger gold bead front. I shoot them as accurately as any red dot I've had, but they holster in any standard rig.

WESHOOT2

the eyes have it

Millett orange-ramp front sight blades are excellent.

The Marble fiber-optic front I recently mounted on one of the GPs required considerable fitting (surprised me).

The One Ragged Hole rear ghostring set I fit didn't.
Well, eventually.....still haven't even shot that gun yet LOL

JWT

I replaced my GP100 front sight with the HiViz that Ruger sells on their online store. Very easy to do and I'm very satisfied with them. Afordable and worth taking a look at.

john in jax

I found that the Williams Fire Sight "dropped" right in and worked well. But the light pipe was a little small for me so I opened up the hole a bit and put in one of my EGW big dot light pipes and now it is GREAT!!!

I tried repeatedly to install the Williams Fire Sight rear sight with no success, it just seems to be the wrong length/size.

dawgfvr

Stock sight is perfect as is. Actualy...the only thing stock on my 3 inch barrel GP100 is the front sight. No need to change it whatsoever...as I point shoot from a reflexive draw.

WESHOOT2

perfect for you

But do you point shoot from a reflexive draw at 73 yrds? (I ask, only because Columbine's engagement commenced at that distance. The actual shooting part....).

Yesterday I competed at a USPSA match; included was some sort of "Standards" stage, with its (3) targets placed 120ft from the firing line.
24 shots were required; 6 at the left while standing, 6 at the center after kneeling, and 6 at the right after assumng a prone position, then six more after a reload. Each target engagement had its own start and stop, and we were timed for each.

I ("even") missed one (on the second string of the 'from prone'; bad trigger control, because I knew I missed when I made the shot).
Most people missed more than once, and they were using their sights and aiming......

Know what I mean?

dawgfvr

WESHOOT2: But of course, distance would/does make a distance in revolver shooting accuracy. Guess it all depends on what you are using the weapon for...eh?

I, personally, use the right tool for the right job. Side Arms, for me...are nothing more than the "extension of your fist".

I use a rifle for anything at the distance you are referring to...and, one can call for indirect fire at distances greater than 250 meters.

WESHOOT2

hard to conceal a rifle

So I was at a Fish & Game club yesterday, shooting at their 70yd gong.
I used my 7.5" 357 Redhawk (wearing Millett orange-ramp front/stock rear sights), and hit it regularly.
Then I grabbed my 9x19-chambered 1911 (Dawson fiber-optic front/Caspian adjustable ghost-ring blade rear), and hit it regularly.
Then I grabbed my 9x19-chambered Witness (stock front with a dab of Testors Yellow Fluorescent paint/stock rear), and hit it regularly.

Then I taught a 1-on-1 handgun class, then I shot some more, and hit it regularly.

It was fun.

Absolutes usually really aren't.

Last edited:

WESHOOT2

funny, but pertinent

The guy I 'taught' was using a stock 4" GP100, with what looked like a Millett orange-ramp front blade.