Sig228 Mags Rattling?

flinch_of_gt

Not only did Bill Clinton have awful ethics, a shrewish wife, and a severe case of beer-googles, he forced upon these cursed "post-ban" mags. I've got a pair of Sig P228 mags that are supposed to accept 10 rounds. When I finally wedge that 10th round into the mag, I can hear one of the other rounds rattle around freely. When I strip out the first round, the second one gets hung up as the follower tries to push it up.

That doesn't sound good. Is this normal for a mag as it breaks in?

I need to find one of them mag loaders from Sig.

spleenandideal

The P228 post-ban mags do indeed rattle....I believe it has something to do with the follower position as the spring fully compresses. Most post-ban MecGar-made mags (including the pb P228 mags manuf. by MecGar) have this annoying tendency. It is harmless, as they should feed properly rattle or no rattle.

Try tapping the backside of the mag against your palm while loading...I do this after the 5th or 6th round is in and do it again prior to loading the last round. My klinton mags rattle only rarely after doing this procedure.

You need to get a couple genuine factory pre-bans if your state allows....Nothing like a real floorplate on a 228 mag. There's just something disconcerting about the big hollow hole when you look into the base of the grip.