Sig X-Five Adjustable Trigger....

Skans

Does anyone make a the adjustable trigger components found in the Sig X-Five? I have the Competition model and wold like to swap for the Level 1 adjustable trigger, if the can be purchased.

I know that I can buy a L1 and sell the Competition but I'm trying to avoid doing that.

Skans

So, I called Sig Sauer and asked if I could order the adjustable trigger that came with the Level 1 X-Five. The customer service guy did not even know what an X-Five was. He said that if it was made in Germany that I would have to contact Sig Sauer in Germany about the part - he couldn't order it. But, even more interesting was that Sig Sauer US has little to nothing to do with Sig Sauer Germany.

Disappointing.

TunnelRat

It's been that way for a while. SIG Inc. is its own entity from SIG GmbH. Last time I called looking for a part for a P228 they said they can't even look up a pistol by serial number if it's German.

Did you try Gray Guns? I have their adjustable triggers in my P226 and P228.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Skans

Thanks, I'll take a look at Gray Guns. My best bet may just be to sell the Competition and by the Level One.

wild cat mccane

To think, if Sig hadn't broken the law, we wouldn't have this situation... :)

The only other weird one like this off the top of my head are the "RGuns" marked HKs that HK-USA doesn't support any warranty for those non HK USA imported guns.

That one is weird.

rt11002003

I had a Competition model X-5 and thought about doing what you are considering. This was back when SIG US was still importing the German guns. I was told a trigger package was not available, even from Germany. I sold my Competition X-5 and bought the X-5 L1. Can't say, four (?) years later, that having the adjustable trigger makes much difference. At that time I also owned a X-6 L1. I was much more accurate with X-6 than with either of the X-5s. There is an importer still offering a new X-5 L1. Much more expensive than what they sold for when offered by SIG US. The last time I I was in touch with this person I think he was only offering the Generation 2 version of the X-5 L1. I believe the only difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 is the looks of the receiver. Could be wrong. I've lost any info about this person. Might have some pics of the Gen 2. You might be able to find him by searching the internet. You might find a used X-5 L1. I offered mine on GunBroker a year, or so, back. It didn't sell. I don't think I've used it since then. Started adapting my hand guns to optic sights and haven't found time to shoot the X-5.

Skans

rt11002003,

Great information. My X-5 Competition is actually a fantastic shooter for me. The adjustable trigger is something I more or less just wanted to play with to see if I could improve my Competition model. However it's hard for me to figure out how I would actually improve it. It is by far my most accurate pistol and favorite to shoot.

Walt Sherrill

Skans:

Have you talked with Gray Guns to see if they have any suggestions or alternatives? I've had ONE of their guns, and it was impressive. They seem to be the go-to-place for SIG improvements.

Rinspeed

Gray Guns could certainly make your trigger better but they charge a pretty penny for doing so. I have a Level 1 and the trigger is so smooth and consistent at 3.5# I've strangely never felt the need to adjust it, it goes down to 2.2#.

TunnelRat

Gray Guns could certainly make your trigger better but they charge a pretty penny for doing so. I have a Level 1 and the trigger is so smooth and consistent at 3.5# I've strangely never felt the need to adjust it, it goes down to 2.2#.
Not necessarily. The adjustable trigger is a drop in part.

rt11002003

Skans

I was stumbling thru some photos. Came across the name Armorycraft. I believe that's the company that imports German SIGs which I exchanged emails with some time ago.

Walt Sherrill

TunnelRat said:
It's been that way for a while. SIG Inc. is its own entity from SIG GmbH. Last time I called looking for a part for a P228 they said they can't even look up a pistol by serial number if it's German

I think this can all be traced back to a legal problem that the German government had with SIG several years ago.

Under German law, arms exports require a special license which is not normally granted for countries where there is armed conflict, such as was the case with the Central American country of Colombia. The German government felt that SIG knowingly sold the weapons to the U.S. who colluded with SIG to get the arms to Columbia.

That seems to be why you can't get parts from Germany Back when I had a P226 X-5, it took 5-6 MONTHS to get a recoil spring assembly for that gun. (Mine was broken by a gunsmith working on the gun. He was able to fabricate a functional repair to the assembly but I wanted a factory part.

Here's the details: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-28291070

I don't know whether that BAN is still in effect -- that article is dated 2014 -- but it sounds as though it might be.

Earlier this year (2019) the U.S. CEO of Sigarms was facing jail time in Germany. Details:

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/25/696690043/ceo-of-u-s-gun-maker-faces-jail-in-germany

I can't find updates on either of these articles. The second article says that H&K is facing similar charges in Germany for not getting special permissions for sales to countries also banned by Germany.

TunnelRat

I remember the story (I was actually training at SIG when some of the Colombian National Police were training there). I'm not if the formation of SIG Sauer Inc. predates that event though. From Wikipedia that happened in 2007. Those events may have well contributed to the further separating, however.