Sig trigger work

xMINORxTHREATx

I'm thinking about getting a Sig P226 or P229 and was wondering if anyone has experience with one that has trigger work done to it.
I'm wanting to get a crisp, short, light pull as close to possible to one of a 1911 as possible, but I'm not sure if it's possible or not.

Any input?

Also, not sure if this should go in the semiauto or the gunsmithing section.

AK103K

If you want a 1911 trigger, get a 1911. If you want a SIG, then get one and learn their triggers. Ive owned a bunch of SIG's, including P226's and P229's, and all had decent triggers. Theyre just different than my 1911 triggers, thats all.

Learn the DA trigger and the rest will be a breeze, and that will go with anything. If you can shoot DA anything, you can shoot anything. Usually doesnt work in the reverse.

Micahweeks

Learn the DA trigger and the rest will be a breeze, and that will go with anything. If you can shoot DA anything, you can shoot anything. Usually doesnt work in the reverse.

Nailed it on the head. If I could think of anything that needed to be added, I'd say it.

ClydeFrog

Bruce Gray/TJ Customs...

A big +1 to Bruce Gray's shop. I do not own any classic SIG Sauer pistols at this time but if I were to buy a P226/P229/P220 I'd have Gray or his staff do custom work.
I heard of a SoCal area gunsmith called TJ Customs or something who is well known for SIG Sauers but from what I know his "customer service" skills are not that hot. The shop website says he may "bill" clients for any calls or issues they may ask about over the phone.
I know time is $$$ but that's a tad much. :(
The regular SIG Sauer factory gunsmith/custom shop may be worth checking too.
ClydeFrog

xMINORxTHREATx

If I get a SIG, I'm getting it to use the SA trigger, and the SIGs that I've fired had a nice clean and crisp trigger, it just had more travel than what I'm used to in a SA. I'm used to a 1911 or revolver style SA with hardly any travel, and in the case of most 1911s, a short reset.

Thanks loose_holster_dan, that SRT trigger might be the first thing I try.

Lefty319

about 3 mo's ago I had a trigger enhancement done at the Sig custom shop on my 229. They did an excellent job. Lighten it up & made it smooth as glass. Very happy with their work. Included with the enchancement they also polish the ramp. Turn around was excellent, 1 week. Whats not to like.

Oldjarhead

My Sig SASS Gen 2 p229 with the short reset trigger(in SA mode only) is the best there is IMO. The reset is smoother and even shorter than a Glock's. If this is a carry gun, I would not do anything to the trigger, unless it is broke. A lot of shooting smooths a trigger out a lot most of the time anyway, IMO.