Sig ST models

P99AS9

I was looking at Sig's website, after purchasing a Sig P226ST in 9mm, and noticed that they don't make the ST pistols anymore :confused:

The only stainless-framed 226's on the site are the X-Five and the elite but there's no more standard ST.

When did Sig stop making ST pistols? Why did they stop making them? Are they hard to come by now?

BigJimP

They quit making the all stainless Sig 226 about 2 years ago. I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of them when I found out they were getting rid of the sub-model / my dealer got me one in 9mm and one in .40 .

It is too bad they are gone. There is the elite and others still in the regular 226 lineup - but the X-Five is really a different gun. One X-Five has an adjustable trigger and lists at $2,786 / there is a competition X-Five with no adj trigger on it at 4 1/2 lb pull - different grips / then there is the tactical model, but its blued, no adj rear sight, etc so its not even the same as the old all stainless. The X-Fives are all SA guns / with a thumb safety / they all have 5" barrels - so they are a lot different than the standard 226 models / and very different than the all stainless 226 model you remember ( with a decocker, etc ).

I do recommend the top of the line X-Five / I have one in .40 and its a great gun / but its a beast at 55oz with a full mag in it too. I like the trigger on mine at about 2 1/2 lbs / its a specialized target or competition gun - and its fun to shoot in .40 / and I've been looking for a used one in 9mm for a few months - street price on the top of the line X-Five is about
$ 2,375 in my area. It will not take the standard Sig mags / they put out a special mag for the X-Five - so order a couple of extras if you order one of their guns / but it is also a 14 round mag in .40 giving you 2 more rounds than the standard Sig mag in .40 so thats a plus too.