Sig SRT kit

Worc

I just put one in my West German 226. Reset distance went from 5/16" to only 1/8" or just under half the old distance. This distance is the same as my PPQ but does not have any take up more like my Steyr L9-A1 does.
I got my kit from Rockwell Arms for $49.95 (free shipping).

It took a total of ten minutes including getting the three tools needed. I watched a few youtube videos. These guys are taking their guns half apart. All that's needed is to remove the magazine and slide. decock the hammer and then unhook the sear spring with a small screwdriver or something similar. Now drive the pin 2/3's of the way out from the right to the left with a pin punch. The three parts will now fall out of the gun. Tap the pin back in slightly from the left so you can just see a little bit of it. Replace the sear with the new one. It should stay in place because the pin that was sticking out is now in the hole. Tap the pin in a little more so you can just see it a little. Place the spring back in and the pin that's exposed will hold it in place. Tap the pin a little more so it just goes to the edge of the hole of the sear on the other side (inside). Slide the flat piece in between the sear and frame. Use your punch from the right side hole to line up the holes. Holding the punch with slight pressure against the pin, tap it the rest of the way in. Use the punch to center the pin in the frame (between the rails). Use your small screw driver to move the spring arm under the pin to put it back under tension. That's it! Watch a video or two to get the idea.

Curious how the addition of the SRT and the E2 grip will affect shooting. The old iron certainly has a whole new feel.

Worc

Will do. I'll post some pictures along with the range report once I get a chance to get out.

Kevin_d77

Just 2 days ago I installed the SRT in my 228 and the PRP drop-in in my XD in like 30 mins total. What great systems. Can't wait for some trigger time!

TunnelRat

The SRT is so stinking easy to install, I don't understand why so many people are hesitant to do it.

Cause it didn't work for me on my P239 :(. I've done kits for every striker pistol and plenty of work on my HKs. Idk what I did wrong. I might try again one day.

Why I don't do it now is frankly I don't feel like I need it. The stock trigger reset is roughly the same length as the P series HKs. I don't want to develop muscle memory on one trigger that might cause me to short stroke the other.

Uncle Malice

Fair enough. I'm not sure how the 239 is different. I've never tried one on there. I've never liked that model, but the dimensions are a bit different.

I've had success on 229s, 226s, and 220s

marine6680

Some people feel the SRT is less durable due to the mechanics/dynamics of its operation.

I see their point, as the trigger bar can snag, but Sig has a fix that may eventually work down after the current stock is depleted... Maybe.

silverstang23

I put one on my 229 today. Took less than 5 minutes at $49. It's right at 1/10'' reset. I haven't fired it but I will report back on how the groups are

rock185

About my only gripe with the SIGs, and the FN/Browning Hi Powers, is the long factory trigger reset. I know many seem to dislike the SRT, but I now install it in any SA/DA SIG I acquire. Wish it had been developed earlier and been standard in the quite a few SIGs I've owned since about '86-'87...ymmv

Worc

The SRT works pretty much like the regular trigger if you let it go all the forward and don't ride it forward to the reset point.

I got out on Saturday to try mine out. I like it and will say that groups were about the same to slightly smaller, but the time was reduced quite a bit. I had my brother with me and he had his WG 226 that has a close serial number to mine. Side by side's you could tell the difference. One thing that surprised me some was that the muzzle flip/recoil was less on my gun than his. I just put the E2 grip on and was the first I got to shoot with it. Might be because you get further under the gun with the E2 compared to the WG grip.

I did quite few double taps and a mag dump or two at a distance of 10 to 12 yards. The reset is very tactile and easily felt while recovering from recoil. I also had my Walther PPQ, Steyr L9-A1 there for side by sides as they both have excellent trigger resets. I also had the HK P-30 and I'll need to have a discussion with it about its reset and overall trigger performance compared to the others. Maybe it will have to go off to summer school. My son who is a lefty shot the best with the HK on that day. Along with my nephew we went through 400 rounds. All were 9mm 115gr FMJ's. We had Blazer brass, Federal, PMC, and Remington. I spilled all the rounds out into a bag and mixed them up. Then me and the boys loaded up the magazines before we left for the range.