Sig Short Triggers, Worth Investigating?

flinch_of_gt

I enjoy shooting my P228 and P239 (both 9mm), but in DA mode, I can't seem to get my finger around the trigger for a smooth pull. I end up yanking my shot up and to the right.

At least one customer has installed a short trigger on his P226. For those of you who've gone with the shorty, is it well worth my time and money?

croyance

Is this something you can do yourself, or is this a gunsmithing proposition? If I could do it myself, is there a good source with pictures showing how to make this change out?

Shmackey

Hey, my fingers are short. Actually, that's the reason why I've never found one single DA/SA semi-auto that I can use. The transition in length--not weight--of the trigger pull is too much.

Does the short trigger make the DA pull the same length as the SA pull, only still heavy? Or does it shorten both? What, exactly, does this mod do?

Destructo6

You should be able to do it yourself, if you are somewhat mechanically inclined and are patient.

My P226 was just a pile of parts the first time I saw it. By looking at the parts diagram and patiently fiddling with it, it came together fine. Since it will be you that disassembles it, it should go back together pretty easy.

boing

The short trigger doesn't make the pull weight any lower, or make the trigger stroke any shorter. The metal of the trigger itself is thinner, when you look at it from the side, like a stock trigger with 1/8" thickness cut off the front of it. What it does is make it easier to get your finger hooked onto the trigger.

I installed mine myself, it dropped right in. If you're comfortable with taking the trigger parts out of the frame, you can do it. If not, best contact your local gunsmith.

9mmepiphany

i have fingers long enough to handle a beretta 92/96 but still like the short trigger on my sig 220/226...if gives me more finger to wrap around the trigger.

the short trigger is thinner than the standard trigger and seems to be have more curve to it. if you can detail strip you sig (or buy the disassembly book) you should be able to change the triggers

popeye

I'm having short trigger put in my 229 today. Smith around here takes standard trigger, reshapes it, sends it to birdsong for black T. Puts newly shaped / finished trigger in your gun all for $35. He keeps your old trigger though to restock his supply. He's done a couple for me before and they come out great.